10.04.2012

Another reason for me to go ballistic

I have been hosting the BoobieThon sales event in front of my store for the last four days now.  Everything has been going great and I have been very happy and proud to be the one setting it up.  However today, someone decided to well really tick me off and I told them I would put them on blast for their stunt.  Here is the letter that I wrote to them so that you can see the exact reason why I have done that.


Thank you for attending Boobiethon 2012, a charity event raising money for the fight against breast cancer.  As I was looking through my sales records for yesterday I noticed that you had made a purchase of an Odette Desk Set - Pink, from me for the cost of 1L.  Knowing that this couldn't have been the case because no one would rip off a charitable event by only paying a single linden for a 350L listed item.  I went and checked out my vendor.  I discovered that instead of using the pay now option - you decided to set your own price.  

Normally when one sets their own price for a charity event they go up in price.  Because after all - every single linden raised is going to charity.   However, strangely you appear to have made a mistake and reduced the price 349 linden.  I am saying made a mistake because I am sincerely hoping you can't be that big of a scum bag to rip off a charity.

Before you say, oh I didn't know that I was supposed to pay the listed amount or more.  Well that makes two of us because I didn't know that certain people would be as pathetic as to only pay a single linden for an item that all of the proceeds are going to charity.

If you just wanted to make a donation to the event - that is awesome and cool - you should have gone to the main area donation station and donated your linden.  Everyone would have been happy to accept it.  However, it appears you decided to rip me off (which to me it doesn't matter it just makes you pathetic and sad) but much more importantly YOU STOLE MONEY FROM A CHARITY.  Stealing from a charity is like stealing from a church.  You don't do that.  The fact that I have to state this to you not only makes me angry - but also makes me extremely depressed.  Not for me, because in the grand scheme of things I am just a shop owner and hosting the sales portion of this event for the Boobiethon 2012.  The part that makes me sad and depressed is that if everyone thought about charity as apparently - by your actions - you do, then the world would be a horrible and horrific place to live in.

Yes, I am aware that 350L basically equates to $1.42 us money.  That may not seem like much. However when you take that $1.42 and multiply it by 10, 50, or even 100 - that becomes an extremely large sum that can help thousands of people.  If everyone, like you, paid only a single linden for an item then how many people would not be able to receive aid?

If you made a mistake and meant to donate more and somehow the vendor instead of 1000L only took 1L - I apologize.  Please be my guest and go to the donation booth / tip jar and make the remaining payment.  However, as I suspect, you only intended on paying 1L for the desk.  I hope you honestly enjoy it and that every time you look at it - it reminds you of this letter.  That way the next time you attend an event being thrown for a charity - maybe you will help them out in honor of how scummy you were in this situation.

I hope that you have a good day and please enjoy the desk.

Sincerely -
Scout Danger (Scout Eberhardt)
Owner of Sanctuaire
Host of the Boobiethon 2012 sales event

I erased their name to protect the not so innocent.

0 comments:

Post a Comment