7.02.2013

Home Show and Sans Souci Cottage and Outbuilding

Home Show began on July 1st and for the first time, Sanctuaire is a part of an actual home and garden event!  For the Home Show, I was stumped on what to create.  My first thought was a chicken coop cause for some wacky reason I had a vision of a shop full of chickens clucking.  Then the sanity returned to me and I was watching a really bad movie.  I mean cringe-worthy movie.  In the first few minutes of the film I saw it.  Like a magic light from bad movie nirvana.  My Home Show build.  Sans Souci.

Front View of Sans Souci
Sans Souci Pergola
Sans Souci is based off of a 12th century French farmhouse.    There is a pergola off of the house.  All of the windows and doors work.  Because I hate windows that don't do anything. You can also mod the script in the doors to lock for you.  I didn't set it to lock cause I actually wanted you to be able to go in and experience the house.


View of the Living Space of Sans Souci

 Sans Souci stairs are really special to me for sentimental reasons.  For years while in choir as a first soprano, I had to sing a certain French madrigal. Mon cœur se recommande à vous.  A basic translation is: 

My heart is offered still to you
Full now of woe and deep despairing!
Be not to constancy untrue;
Say one farewell, my sorrow sharing!
My mouth which once could smile in gladness,
And charming stories improvise
Now can only curse in its madness
Those who banished me from your eyes.

 Upstairs is what I call a sleeping/living space.  But it is large and open and you can fill it to your hearts content with anything that makes you happy.
Sans Souci Outbuilding
Upon popular request for a bathroom area.  I built an outbuilding that matches the house and can free float or attach to the house.

It is a large empty space that can be used as a bathroom, an artist studio, a study, a very small and cramped bordello.  I mean it is an empty room and the choice is up to you.
The house is on display staged in Winterfell though out the month of July.  As well as for sale there and at the Home Show event.









Landmark to the Home Show - http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Argentina%20Amor/127/164/24

I hope to see you there and I hope that you love the house as much as I do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment